Yes, I did it. Go get it at the IRC channel, #firstname.lastname@example.org, or look for it at the usual tracker sites.
Because one gloomy Tuesday, I felt bloody terrible. I felt really depressed and my brain felt as if it was repeatedly punched, kicked, spat upon and had a stick shoved up it’s rear multiple times, making me even contemplate death by gravity or sharp objects. In short, I was really emo.
Lucky for me, when I’m emo, some part of myself tries to channel the negativeness in to something productive, and for some reason, on that particular Tuesday, I really felt like subbing Negima Ala Alba #1 since it was already a week it was released and none of the usual places had any news of any kind about it.
Translation: Bloody easy, actually, with only snags mostly at the spells. Thankfully not so many this episode. I admit I used AQS’s releases as a reference point, but the subs are definitely original t/l by me, so if you’re not satisfied, you can drop me a message at the channel. Also, a short shoutout to desudesu for reading the text parts for me. I am Japanese illiterate. Seriously. Total time: 2 hours.
Timing: The longest part of the job. I had to learn it from scratch, using Aegisub. Thankfully, it’s actually a lot more simpler than it looks, and the only problem was how addicted I got in to getting the perfect timing for the lines. Timing post-processor is a bit hard to use though. Total time: about 2 days.
Typesetting: I nearly had to learn this part too, but thank god Akanari came to my rescue and provided me with very decent typesetting. Total time: about a few hours.
Karaoke: Yeah, right. Although if someone wants to help us do it, I’m happy to receive your help for a v2 :). Total time: zero.
Encoding: Yet again, hats off to Akanari for doing that too, including doing the Xvid version. Original plan was to mux the script and raw together then throw it online. I’m really grateful to him. Oh yeah, raw was taken from [QTS]. I’d credit him/her/them, but I can’t find any info about him/her/them. Total time: a day or so.
QC: Second longest part of this job. Had to make a few decisions about my t/l, and make it as natural as possible. Really took up a lot. I did like 17 major revisions of the script. Watched the episode about ~40 times or so too, to make sure everything looked okay. Total time: about a day.
Distro: Oh dear god, worst part of the whole thing. I could’ve released this a whole day earlier if it wasn’t for the fact that mine and Akanari’s lines decided to act all PMS-ish, and keep cutting off our sends to each other, and the uploads to the FTP, graciously provided by my friend, who runs Getbyte2u.com, and also let me use it to seed the release. I love you, Jeya! XD
In short, the past 3 days have been really a whirlwind and a great learning experience for me. As a bonus, I get much adoration and e-p0n0s as well as curing me from another bout of depression! Ahh~ the therapeutic powers of anime, hehehehehe.
Again, I’d like to thank everyone who helped me out on this little project of mine; Akanari, desudesu, defho and jayapc87. I really owe it to you all to have made this a success. Guess I owe you all a meal, eh. Haha.
Lastly, if you’d like to help us out, you’re welcome to contact me at the channel. I’m planning to do the next two episodes as well, when they are released. Constructive criticisms, comments, questions and/or expressions of thanks are fine and very much welcome too. Just don’t come in and troll please, ;).
Update: Possibly doing v2, by encoding from a better source, and also to fix up some errors in t/l.