Current Progress: 19 out of 36
- Best prison escape plan ever: “When the guard comes to feed us, we’ll kiss and shock him so we can run out.” Very handy idea to use if I ever get taken captive with a hawt chick.
- Misa needs to stop styling her hair. She actually looks pretty when her hair is let down. GOD DAMN YOU 1980′S HAIRSTYLES!
- Meltrandi appear and Milia is a damn fine specimen of her race. I think I know why the Meltrandi are win. They have better hairstyles.
- Oh those Zentradi spies are kinda LOL. Must be really a trip of their lives sneaking on the ship and experiencing “culture”.
- Lynn Minmay…. /me facepalms. I’m reminded of Sumire (Renji’s mother) saying in ef; “Passion is a downhill road, while love is an uphill road.” Rather true in Hikaru’s case, don’t you think?
- Lynn Kaifun… read otou-san’s comment below.
- Episode 17 “Phantasm”…. wtf was this episode about? Hikaru sure has weird dreams.
- Roy Focker’s death was…. really wasted, don’t you think? If he had went to the hospital first… sigh, a damn waste.
Well, Lynn’s not totally a bimbo it seems. Her little speech at episode 20 was really nice, if I may say so, as not only it shows how celeb power can be used for good, but also that she does have her heart at the right places, even if she may act really stupid at times.
Comment replies (might as well do it here all at once)
100 Rules of Anime: #17 – Law of Transient Romantic Unreliability- Minmei is a bimbo.
Oh yes, the right word to describe here I guess.
DYRL, while a great movie really cut out a lot of Minmay’s character development and if you get a chance got hunt down the Macross 2012 Flashback music video. The music alone is more then worth it not mention a few scenes where it brings closure to the characters.
Don’t worry, I’m getting nearly everything Macross. First balanced comment I’ve heard about DYRL, btw. Everyone else just keeps saying it’s the best movie ever made.
I don’t think Lynn Minmay is the ideal woman of that time but rather a portrayal of a girl idealized by fans and guys who fall for her looks. I mean, she LOOKS like the ideal girl of those times, so great and pure and perfect in the outside, while in fact she is, IMO, a bitch.
Mmh, I wonder if this is the root of my bias against Sheryl…
Bitch is a rather strong word to use again her. For me, she’s still a “bimbo”. And Sheryl is totally different from Minmay, really.
And speaking of that and Minmay, “Watashi No Kare Wa Pilot” will get reeeeeally old pretty soon. But I don’t think she’s the bitch that everyone makes her out to be. I think one of the things that made it so revolutionary as a show was the sophistication of the characters — Minmay is young, confused, just wants to sing, etc. etc. Wait till Kaifun shows up. What a hippie a-hole.
All the Minmay haters projecting onto Sheryl should remember how things went down, and take note of who works in a Chinese restaurant in the current series.
You’re right. Barely 5 more episodes in, and I’m bloody sick of it already. Ranka’s version was better. Kaifun was just plain annoying. And yes… Sheryl’s definitely not the one working in a Chinese restaurant this time. Take note of that.
And who is currently a officer in the army and not a idol >_>
Which is.. Catherine Glass. Imagine.. imagine.. hey, it’s actually quite possible, isn’t it? If Alto-hime and her get kidnapped by the Vajra……