Finally got it. A little disappointed DHL took 3 days to deliver it to me, but oh well.
The original soundtrack is only disappointing in how short it is but otherwise finally getting the clean versions of the BGM’s of the show really feels good.
- Sis puella magica! [Become a Magical Girl!] – Undoubtably the signature track of the series. No idea how high the play count for it is, but every damn time I listen to it, all the epic parts of the show just flash back out at me… Homura’s contract in episode stands out especially.
- Salve, terrae magicae [Greetings, Worlds of Magic] – Ahh… the preview music,the 裏 signature track of the series IMHO. I just love the whimsical feel of the track.
- Gradus prohibitus [Hindered Steps] – Mmmmm, the first Witch appearance track. Looking back at it, the sheer ominous-ness of this piece was trying to foreshadow things wasn’t it?
- Credens justitiam [Believing in Justice] – Oh god Mami’s track. ’nuff said.
- Clementia [Compassion] – Hmm… not much impression on this track, though I think a variant of it was used in the final episode somewhere.
- Desiderium [Longing] – Another whimsical track, but in a more calming feel compared to Salve, terrae magicae. Somehow I am reminded of Junko when I listen to this.
- Conturbatio [Disorder] – A serious track, it’s the slower version of Sayaka’s theme.
- Postmeridie [Afternoon] – Meanwhile… I can’t help but to associate this track with the teacher. Probably because they use it for the school scenes quite a bit.
- Puella in somnio [The Girl in Sleep] – Ahhh, another recognizable track. I call it the “serious business” track. Some will probably call it the “QB is a stalker” track though.
- Umbra nigra [Black Shadow] – Another ominous track.
- Terror adhaerens [Clinging Terror] – Befitting its name, also yet another of the ominous tracks of the series. This is more “serious” though.
- Scaena felix [A Blessed Scene] – Back to a more calming piece, this is the music that is used for the slower scenes in the show.
- Pugna cum maga [A Duel with a Witch] – Amongst the ominous pieces, this is surprisingly my favourite out of them all. Guess it’s because of how they used this track in episode 10 to show Homura stealing guns from the yakuza and generally getting more and more desperate.
Well, that’s my impression of the OST so far. There’s definitely going to be another OST as well since there’s still a fuckton of missing tracks. Unfortunately the next volume will be another drama CD again, so it looks like there’ll be another two more months to go before we get more of Kajiura’s awesome pieces :|.
Also, Aoki Ume’s special 4-koma in the booklet this volume is rather touching. Mami T_T.