- LOL, first thing upon starting Drama CD? Black cat from OP. So… the black cat DOES exist!
- Drama CD is set in original timeline. Homura is Moemura and Madoka is just your average junior Puella Magi.
- Moving on.. events are the same as episode 10, Moemura introduced to the class, etc. etc.
- Ah, original Madoka knows of the black cat, even gave it a name, “Amy” as well. Looks like the cat is a regular visitor around campus. Madoka and Homura bond over the black cat d’awwww.
- ( ﾟ∀ﾟ)ｱﾊﾊ八八ﾉヽﾉヽﾉヽﾉ ＼ / ＼/ ＼, Sayaka stole Hitomi’s math notes to help out Homura and Madoka.
- P.E. Time; poor Homura pushed herself too far and collapsed :( Madoka brings her to the nurse station.
- Homura launches in to a tirade about herself being useless, Madoka encourages her and uses a little magic to give her a “boost”.
- Homura feels better, goes back to try the high jumps, clears the bar the first time, but magic goes berserk when she tries it again.
- Madoka calls for Mami’s help to stop Homura’s legs who have gone berserk. With her help, Homura is saved, but she collapses again.
- Unconscious, the Arc of Triumph Witch invades her psyche, playing on the negative memories.
- Homura wakes up to a conversation of Mami lecturing Madoka about misuse of magic. Not understanding the conversation, Homura heads back.
- Witch attacks, events are the same as episode 10.
- Mami, Madoka and Homura retire to Mami’s house. Conversation about Puella Magi. Expanded from episode 10 a little:
- Walpurgisnacht is described as a festival of witches.
- Madoka also apologises for the events earlier in the afternoon with Homura’s legs going berserk.
- Madoka invites Homura to become a Puella Magi as well, Mami warns her about the risks as usual.
- Madoka and Homura walk home together. Madoka shares about her sense of purpose after becoming a Puella Magi with Homura, but tells her to consider it properly as well. Homura promises to think about it thoroughly first.
- Madoka and and Homura meet Amy.
- Madoka’s wish in the original timeline was to save Amy who was ran over by a car.
- Madoka wonders if Mami will scold her for squandering her wish to save a cat. Homura says she’s a very kind person in return.
- Cute moments with cat and Homura… maa~
- Next(?) day; very big storm happens. Homura remembers about Madoka warning her to not go out on a very stormy day. Madoka also didn’t attend school earlier. Homura googles up Walpurgisnacht.
- Worried, Homura goes in search of Madoka. Meets up with Amy who ‘guides’ her.
- Homura monologues in an ominous manner. Drama CD ends.
Oh man, I was wondering what would the Madoka Drama CD in the first Blu-ray volume be like, and I’m glad it’s not some fanservice thing. Instead we get an expansion of what happened in the original timeline from Homura’s perspective and we finally get to know what the heck that black cat in the OP was for! Yeaaaaaaaah!
This just makes me wish that my secret dream of a Madoka Magica movie project expanding on episode 10 will come true. Seriously, I want to know more about Homura’s past and her timeline traversals.
EDIT: LOL, I just realised that the black cat IS Aoi Yuuki’s own cat, Eimi. www