“So how was CF this year?”… is a question I probably will be asked a lot for the next few days.
Okay just came back from Day 1. Notes:
- Hall’s awesome, but the lighting fucking sucks for photography. Bloody hell. Not to mention I was using a compact so it was literally HELL to get good, nicely exposed shots.
- Odin’s Sphere group was awesome for the effort.
- Alfred, the hamsap MC was back. Man, I thought he retired last year. Anyways, always good to have him back. He’s a real joker and crowd-entertainer.
- Cosplayers this year are much more varied, though considering this is Day 1, I shouldn’t say that out first. I almost nearly never saw a Naruto cosplay this year! Kinda broke it because my friend stumbled in to his friend who was doing Naruto.
- Doujin booth layouts are starting to look like Comiket….
- Met good ol’ Darkshaunz again. A reader of mine from Penang also came down today too.
- I actually had more fun in CF today than the whole of AFA 2008. Yes, it’s probably because of homeground advantage + Alfred’s hillarious antics.
- Some things never change though. Like Malaysian time and Mr. Technical Problem. Guess it’ll always be a staple of Comic Fiesta, haha.
- Group cosplay competition this year was sad. Really sad. Didn’t feel like any of the the four groups joining had put in any effort behind their… ‘skits’. Well, the sound system also wrecked whatever recordings they used so it was like kinda double whammy for them too. Let’s just hope the solo competition will see better participants.
Pictures after the jump. This are the few choice shots I chose out of the ones I took today.
I hereby christen this image “Beauties and the Beast.” The Nemesis was really good.
Of course I took a two shot of the beauties too. They were really one of the cuter ones there today.
The Odin’s Sphere group. Can’t say I can give them a full “A” for likeness, but it’s definitely “A++” sheer effort.
Yeah, that’s Kon. In a frilly dress. Too awesome to ignore it.
Yes I know I probably have to shop the red eye out. That’s one of the cosplayer judges.
This is actually the Gwendolyn from the Odin’s Sphere group. This shot turned out like this because I set the wrong white balance. I do like the end result though. Of course there’s a proper photo of her too, but I’m lazy to post it up now.
Sheryl and Ranka. Yes I owe you this photo, Miss Sheryl.
Not Marisa, in case you were thinking of that. Some original character cosplay. Maybe she just wanted to celebrate a late Halloween, LOLOLOLOL.
Cute cosplayer, fail photo. If she shows up tomorrow, I’m taking a better picture.
Chii and Freya double team cosplay. Both of them were a bit too tall to “feel” as Chii/Freya, but not bad nonetheless.
Last but not least…
Ah, almost forgot. DANNY CHOO WAS AT COMIC FIESTA 2008!!!!
Well, looking forward to Day 2 which will be in…. 4 hours. Oh god I need sleep.