Himura and Yuuko:
- The smoking sensei is officially revealed as Yuuko’s adopted brother to Himura.
- Himura notices certain signs in Yuuko, and finds out that she is being bullied thanks to Kuze and Nagi’s help.
- Nagi really loves being naked in school, doesn’t she?
- Himura suddenly gets protective and wants to square off with the bullies, but Yuuko stops him, as she doesn’t mind this “little pranks”.
Hints begin to emerge more that point to the conclusion that Yuuko has suffered quite a bit in her 10 years away from Himura. When she commented about how the bullying was just “medium level”, I can’t shake off the feeling that she’s actually used to even more worse things. Plus the fact that the “brother” feels really shifty contributes to my pessimistic views a bit too.
That said, Himura seriously needs to be a bit more truthful to his feelings, but I guess he still has the trauma in his head and the lack of courage to go further. The way I see it, the fact that he’s still concerned about Yuuko while telling her to stay away is just going to hurt her a lot.
Kuze and Mizuki:
- Mizuki finds herself given the cold shoulder by Kuze.
- Walking around town, she meets Himura who gives her the same warning as he did to Renji back in memories.
- Mizuki bumps in to Chihiro at the train station (\o/) and promptly
molests… engages in some skinship.
- Mizuki finds out from Chihiro and Renji about Kuze’s condition, it’s cardiomyopathy. He collapsed in the middle of concert half a year ago.
- Kuze decides to “make a conclusion”
- Chihiro passes a message from Himura to Mizuki, telling her to go to the beach if she wants to hear Kuze’s final performance.
- Mizuki rushes to the beach and catches Kuze just in time to see him play his violin one final time before he burns it.
- Panicking, Mizuki attempts to put out the fire with her hands and successfully kicks it in to the ocean before any major damage is done (it seems).
- Kuze and Mizuki share a tender moment together.
On this side, the Kuze-Mizuki relationship has probably just started for real, as Kuze faces a deadly heart disease just as Mizuki starts to realize her emotions for him. I’d say the development’s a bit too fast, and I would’ve liked to see it being developed a bit more before it reaches this stage, but I guess there’s still a lot more story left to tell.
It’s also good to meet back Chihiro again and it sure is a weird feeling to see her playing a side role. Nevertheless, nice hug there by Mizuki, and I lol’ed when she commented that she was about to get a nosebleed, haha.