- Battle Frontier almost suffers a direct hit from a Vajra warship. Quarter bails them out at the last minute.
- Alto didn’t die because he escaped his unit and remote controlled it using his suit while hiding in the wreckage of a battleship. God damn it, we didn’t think of remote control! He further tells Quarter to shoot the giant Ranka which reveals it’s true form; Battle Galaxy.
- Leon gets arrested on assasinating President Glass when Cathy breaks it out.
- Grace interfaces with the Queen. Galaxy simultaneously launches multiple Ghosts to help counter the attack by Frontier and Quarter.
- Alto gets a special delivery from Klan (LOLI IN A VALKYRIE!!!); his VF-25. Empowered by both Sheryl and his VF-25, Alto rejoins the fight.
- Ozma: “TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART!!!” ROFL
- Battle commences in full ferocity. Alto calls out to Ranka using the fold quartz earring.
- Grace finally controls the Queen and she uses it to gain full control on the Vajra and she sends Vajra attackers to Macross 11 (why only that ship?) and to Earth as well.
- Interesting tidbit: Tori no Hito from MacZero is actually Vajra as well?
- Under control by Grace, the Vajra launch a ferocious barrage to our heroes. Sheryl collapses in the attack and her hair turns grey.
- In midst of the despair, Ranka’s voice is heard. Brera, now finally freed from his slave system, tells her to sing her heart out. Ranka’s voice manage to reach the Vajra and they go back under her control.
- In fold-space, Ranka calls out to Sheryl. Sheryl says that her job is finished and Ranka slaps her (WTF!!!!). Ranka tells her to not to give up and Alto echoes the same thing. Ranka magically moves the V-type virii from her brain to her stomach, and Sheryl is revived.
- Ranka-Sheryl medley begins, with nearly all their songs making an appearance. Accompanied by this medley, Quarter punches a hole in Galaxy for Alto to rescue Ranka. Oh god, My Boyfriend is a Pilot -Sheryl ver.-!!
- Grace is pissed and targets Island 1 with the Queen’s main weapons. However, the Vajra form a shield and absorbs the blast, saving the humans.
- Ranka explains to Alto that the Vajra also have feelings, but they don’t understand why we fight each other so much so they tried to rescue/kidnap her in order to understand humans. Thanks to hers and Sheryl’s songs, the Vajra have finally understood us.
- Song medley continues. GOD DAMN IT STICK TO ONE DAMN SONG DAMMIT!!! Seriously it’s a bit distracting for them to change songs so much.
- Final counterattack: The Vajra open a hole in the Queen’s barrier, for Quarter and Battle Frontier to enter. Galaxy moves to cover it and they both take a direct hit from it’s main cannon. Canaria rushes forth and opens a chance for Quarter to destroy Galaxy’s weapon using a MACROSS ATTACK! and Frontier finishes it off.
- Alto and Brera cooperate together (mmm fanservice!) and they both take out the Queen’s head where Grace is at. Thankfully, Brera explains that the Vajra think with their guts than their head, so the queen will be fine. Alto finishes Grace off using Micheal’s favourite gun.
- The queen begins to sing Aimo. Ranka further explains that the song is actually mating song which is used when the Vajra meet with others of their kind from other galaxies every few hundred million years.
- Bilrer’s true intentions: to meet Lynn Minmei again. LOL. Kawamori is such a bloody tease.
- Show ends with Alto flying in the skies of the Vajra planet, while Ranka and Sheryl look at him. Ranka declares love-war on Sheryl and she accepts graciously with a “KIRA~!” pose ROFL! The ending theme is Triangler duet by Sheryl and Ranka. Alto Harem End(?)
The ending is so… inconclusive. Worst type of end in my opinion dammit. Urge to kill Kawamori seriously rising. It’s never revealed who Alto chooses and everyone just manages to survive and land happily on the planet. I just feel like my feelings have all been trampled over and thrown away like a used dirt rag. Oh man, I was at least expecting some deaths.
Anyways, there’s still the just-announced Macross Frontier movie as well. I guess it’s probably a retelling of the series or even maybe an DYRL-style “historical movie”. But I hope it continues the story instead. I need more Alto x Sheryl!!!
P.S. WE ALL HAVE BEEN TROLLED HAVEN’T WE? HAVEN’T WE?!!!! *breaks down in a corner and cries*