Yes! New Sheryl song finally! God, I’m pretty sick of Ranka getting all the attention already, although I grudgingly admit that the new Ranka songs are good too. Still, it’s finally good to hear a new song from Sheryl.
The new song is titled 「Yousei」 or “Fairy”, and the song sounds very melancholic, with lyrics mirroring Sheryl’s experiences, and showing a more softer side of Sheryl. In short, I love it.
As for the episode itself…
- Luca finds out Sheryl’s voice is producing fold waves, and theorises it’s due to the V-type virus in her, which has finally reached her brain. Basically, she can now sing to the Vajra, but at the cost of her life too. Leon plans to use her as Ranka’s replacement. Sheryl accepts Leon’s plans for her.
- Bobby finds Ozma and Cathy, and they both reveal Mishima’s wrong doings. Along with orders that the SMS will be integrated in to the NUNS, the crew of Quarter decide to take a bold decision to leave Frontier.
- Alto finally finds out about Sheryl’s condition and they share a tender moment. Alto tells her that she doesn’t have to sing anymore, but Sheryl tells him that it’s her proof of existence, so she’ll continue to sing.
- 70% of Quarter’s crew accept the invitation by Captain Wildrer and they leave Frontier. NUNS sends Luca and Alto to intercept them, but Ozma fends them off just in time for Quarter to conduct a fold leap. Ozma inserts doubts in to Alto by asking him what are his “wings” for. Klan also stays behind in Frontier, but doesn’t join the intercept team.
- Ranka and Brera finally make their way to the Vajra home planet, eliciting excitement from Grace, who easily dispatches off a team of soldiers that Leon sent to “take care” of her. In a classic case of “WTF man, but damn that’s hot”, Grace grabs her boobs in excitement, standing in front of her own (assumed) VF-27.
Oh man, the V-type infection is just so… deus ex machina. Well, I kinda expected it to happen, but it’s really, really sad to see Sheryl finally taking true to her words that “singing is her life”.
Quarter leaving Frontier was well, pretty unexpected but awesome. Luca and Alto not joining in was also quite a shock, but gotta say, Ozma sure kicked their asses hard. As expected from the Man who Survived the Pineapples. I just loved it when he went, “I’m not an adult. I’m a MAN!” to Alto. Klan probably didn’t join them because of attachment to Micheal I guess.
Alto also was pretty pussy in this episode. When he said, “You don’t need to sing anymore.” to Sheryl, I kinda facepalmed. Hard. Sheryl IS Sheryl precisely because of her dedication to her songs and there he goes, saying stuff like that. I’m, like, “OH GOD HOW FUCKING DENSE CAN YOU BE!”, especially when you realize the reason she’s going to sing is totally for him. Despite the close moment they had, I wasn’t all too happy about it when he went that way. Ozma is so right about him just “going along with the flow” when he feels like it.
Grace… oh Grace. Evil Inoue Kikuko is very very awesome. The boob-fondle was just overkill.
And finally, we discover the true planet of the Protoculture? 3 more episodes, Kawamori, 3 more episodes. Better make them REALLY count, unlike this one.
The Man who Survived the Pineapples.
Oh god, Grace is so hawt.