Starting up a new thing for the blog for the new year, I shall be doing monthly roundups of the shows I’m currently watching. Hopefully, I will be able to make this thing a permanent feature. Sometimes I just lose myself :P.
Fall 2007 Shows
BAMBOO BLADE (17)
- Surprisingly, still going strong enough to keep me watching, especially the recent arc of the team going for the Interhigh and Tamaki gets reeeeeally angry.
- Oh thank god they finally finished the “tightrope” arc. Seriously, it got really boring. The new “E Card” arc sounds to be somewhat similar to the “Limited Jankenpon” from earlier on, but it is quite interesting on how Kaiji’s gonna be tested against Tonegawa.
- Finished off Kotomi’s arc, although the suitcase going around the world thing was a bit cheesy. They’re really building up Nagisa’s character, to the point I’m almost starting to root for her. Also, I can’t wait for Mei to be formally introduced in.
Shakugan no Shana II (15)
- Whoa, this show did a total 180 from the episodes before. Pheles Arc was god damn awesome, with tons of quality action, especially at episode 15. Looks like they’re slowing down after this though, I sure hope the remainder of the series keeps on a high tension.
Shugo Chara (15)
- Yeah, I’m still watching this, primarily for COOL AND SPICY Amu-cchi and Nadeshiko
Gundam 00 (15)
- Seriously, guys. You know it’s a trap, yet you still manage to fall in to it. Honestly, do they think their Gundams are Super Robots and they’ll win by sheer courage? Can’t wait for the new Thrones to be in the show. Rie Kugimiya in a Gundam show, lol. I sure hope they’ll do JET STREAM ATTACK.
- Somehow, starting to get complicated. I hope the show doesn’t develop in to an emo-fest of sorts though. It would be such a waste of the potential it has. Suara’s new ED is one of the best ones from this month.
Rental Magica (16)
- Just watching this for Kuroha and Addie. Honestly though, I’m getting quite irritated on seeing Honami’s interaction with Itsuki.
Winter 07/08 Shows
- Yes, it’s clichéd fanservice, but the nice voicing job by Nana Mizuki keeps me going. Also, the new ED sequence really, really rocks.
H2O ~footprints in the sand~ (04)
- This show really seems to be receiving much maligned reactions, but really, it’s an eroge adaptation. Some people probably get their hopes up too high. Hama.. I mean, Hayami remains my favourite from this show. I hope they don’t butcher the story too much though.
Hatenkou Yuugi (03)
- My guilty shoujo pleasure this season. Rahzel-chan is really awesome :).
PERSONA ~trinity soul~ (04)
- Another guilty pleasure of sorts. I got interested when the second episode had Mai Nakahara and Kana Asumi (suspiciously sounding like Chiwa Saito) introduced. Also, Miyuki Sawashiro as Jun is intriguing.
Zoku. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (03)
- SHAFT turned the weirdness knob for this show up a 3 or 4 notches for sure. The jokes and jabs keep getting better and better by the episode. Episode 03 even made fun of Inoue “Onee-sama” Kikuko’s “Jyunana-sai desu!” “Oi~ oi~!” meme, hahaha. That was sure epic win.
true tears (04)
- Best show of the month and this season so far, either in terms of production quality, story or characters. Nazuka Kaori’s handling of Hiromi Yuasa is almost legendary already. She really brings Hiromi to life so well, that it somewhat blurs the line between fact and fiction for me. Rarely there are such animes do that to me, and true tears is one of them.
- One of my IRC acquaintances said that this is probably the dark horse anime of the season, and he’s really spot on. The first 3 episodes were rather dark, but the latest one was more of a hopeful vein. It’s gonna be interesting to see how the show develops, over the weekly minor plots, and the overarching major plot that is Fumika’s identity.
- This show is slowly dropping off the radar for me. Somehow,it feels really… flat. Admittedly some of the jokes are funny, but the characters remain too 2D for me.
Minami-ke ~Okawari~ (04)
- The first 2 episodes were truly laugh-out-loud fests, with the hilarity that is Mako-chan and Touma and the SERIOUS BUSINESS faces, but it seems ASREAD has toned down the humor a notch with the latest 2 episodes. Still Okawari remains trademark Minami-ke, and I’m hoping for more comedy greatness from it.
Spice and Wolf (04)
- Really, the economics jargon in this show makes me spin. Still, Ami-suke is doing an awesome job on Horo, depicting all the aspects of Horo, most admirably in that oiran accent as well. She really is one of the best new seiyuus.
Hakaba Kitaro (02)
- A casual following, really. Still, it’s a pretty interesting show from the episodes I’ve watched. It’s really the most uniquely done anime of this season.
Other Anime I’m watching as well: Gintama is truly an awesome show, and I can somewhat understand tj_han’s passion for it now. Also, finished rewatching Code GEASS DVD rips, just to see how it is in widescreen and to go through the plot again for Season 2. Really, C.C. rocks!