Kana-sama is BOSS!
Remember all my doubts about Okawari sucking? I take them all back, with compensation payment as well.
Highlights this week:
- Haruka-banchou legend almost gets resurrected. Too bad the original iincho got well again.
Hayami-sempai is up to her “usual” stuff.
Hosaka… disgusting as usual.
- Chiaki equating hamster rearing musts to Kana, and then starts ordering her friends around to get stuff for the hamster. Yoshino does a SERIOUS BUSINESS face to escape work. Chiaki-hime Banzai!
For Yoshino, Hime’s orders are SRSBSNS
- Kana gets wind of Haruka’s bancho resurrection and starts to make her own Kana Brigade, taking over her self-appointed Banchou title away from Fujioka. Gotta love that orz pose.
Oh god, they even put orz! in there.
- Trying to recruit more members, she announces that she’ll give him away, prompting another SERIOUS BUSINESS face from Fujioka, and a strong challenge from Riko.
“I’M GONNA BE SOLD OFF TO SAN FRANCISCO?!!” (+15 points if you get this)
For Riko-chan, arm wrestling is SRS BSNS!
- Battleship game that Chiaki and Kana are playing together? They need to release an official rulebook or something, if it’s not yet out.
And we have another awesome episode of Okawari this week. Dear god, I never expected it to be this level of awesomeness. The jokes are 10x funnier than the first season was, and the first season was already pretty epic by itself, so you can imagine how awesome this show is now.
Totally had take more than 35minutes to watch this episode, because I kept pausing and rewinding the awesome scenes to laugh and take a load of screencaps. Dear god, the SERIOUS BUSINESS faces are >9000 times more awesome that last season. Best one this episode was Yoshino’s one, because that was so totally unexpected.
Gotta say though, Asread’s way of coloring all the background characters black, but with all their hairstyles differentiated is pretty creepy in a way, and in fact, one of the “black” characters actually got a line! Guess that’ll take some time to get used to. I wonder if they’ve been watching SHAFT a bit much.
Quite a number of settings have also been changed, notably Haruka’s classroom is now reminiscent of the one used in SHAFT’S Negima?!, which again begs my question from above, but it’s not a bad change. Still love the rotary phone touch at the Minami’s household, even if it’s a bit incongruent.
Interestingly, someone seems to be moving in next door to their apartment… I wonder if there’ll be more new characters.